Mechanical Engineer Intern
Hegen is a fast-growing company specialising in mother and baby products and with a mission to enhance the breastfeeding journey and help ease the transition into parenthood with meaningful products and services. As one of the top 10 fastest growing companies in Singapore, Hegen takes pride in creating innovative and practical solutions for time-strapped parents.
THE ROLE - Mechanical Engineer Intern
Hegen offers creative and detail-oriented Mechanical Engineer Intern the opportunity to be part of a highly dynamic and energetic team that is responsible for every aspect of Hegen’s growth across the region. The Mechanical Engineer Intern’s resourcefulness and creativity will serve them greatly in their critical analysis allowing him/her to contribute effectively to Hegen. With the Mechanical Engineer Intern’s ability to draw data-driven insights and strong interpersonal communication, he/she is able to provide support to the R&D team and excel to greater heights with Hegen.
- Support the Mechanical Engineer and team in the design of components, sub-assemblies and new products from developing, testing, to modifying the mechanical architecture of the products
- Support in the creation and validation of technical development of product components & systems, taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety, etc.)
- Work closely with the design team within the R&D department starting from product specifications, design review through to feasibility study
- Applying material tests and managing simulations with the Quality Department
- Identifying issues and risks to enable early mitigation or avoidance during product development
- Support labs in test specification and system test plans, as well as to understand technical test results to inform design team and obtain final approval for series production
- Maintain familiarity with and be able to apply current technology, design standards and industry best practices
- Passionate about local brand, the brand philosophy and working in a start-up oriented department that drive design and innovation
- Proficient with parametrics 3D design tools (Solidworks/Catia/Creo)
- Good knowledge of utilizing prototyping equipment (3D printers & CNC laser machines)
- Strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, tenacious and passionate about design
- Flexible & adaptable with excellent time management
Please provide a short write-up on why you would like to join our team in your CV. You may also send us an email with the write-up and CV at email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.