Hegen is a fast-growing company specialising in mother and baby products and with a mission to enhance the breastfeeding journey and help ease the transition into parenthood with meaningful products and services. As one of the top 10 fastest growing companies in Singapore, Hegen takes pride in creating innovative and practical solutions for time-strapped parents.
THE ROLE – Sourcing Specialist (Senior Executive / Manager)
Hegen offers resourceful and influential Sourcing Specialist the opportunity to pioneer products that are impactful and life-changing for parents and babies around the world. With deep experience across sourcing, manufacturing and development of Consumer Electronic Products, Home Appliances, Medical Devices, he/she will inspire the R&D team to achieve their innovations through strategic global procurement with product excellence. We reward those who add value to the organisation, work collaboratively with cross-functional team members to deliver significant results.
- Responsible for supporting internal stakeholders in defining full product cycle requirements (scope of work, vendor category, timeline, volume forecasts, budget), opportunity definition and sourcing strategy
- Establish timelines to manage all stages involved for the projects by understanding the R&D department business needs
- Analyse, strategise and provide the best approach and action plan (including phasing, vendor selection criteria, etc) that would deliver the optimal commercial outcomes
- Execute plans, take action and ensure orders meet specified quality, cost, delivery time and any other deliverables
- Actively participate and collaborate in the development of new product line-ups and product life cycle management
- Conduct RFx (RFI, RFP, RFQ etc) that is appropriate to the requirements of project goals
- Identify, research and build a strong network of vendors/suppliers that are able to meet quality, cost, delivery and service needs of the project requirements
- Generate quotes for comparisons and contribute to internal supplier selection based on the vendor selection criteria
- Assess quotes and compile a detailed analysis of cost breakdowns
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions effectively and achieve desired results
- Handle and evaluate requests for information, quotations, proposals and bidding processes
- Communicate and follow-up closely on any queries/issues pertaining to vendors/suppliers
- Build relationships with all levels of supplier personnel and internal stakeholders
- At least 5 years of experience in sourcing, contract management, supplier management in Consumer Goods, Electronics or Manufacturing industry for complete new product design
- Thorough understanding of sourcing methodologies and approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management framework, tools and software
- Highly proficient in both English and Mandarin – both verbal and written (for liaising with Mandarin speaking vendors regarding sourcing activities)
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills to manage all new and existing supplier relationships effectively
- Meticulous and attention to detail
Please provide a short write-up on why you would like to join our team in your CV. You may also send us an email with the write-up and CV at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.